According to the troubles at the Museum this site is not actualizated yet. It will change soon. We hope!
The Muzeum Sztuki International Honorary Council
On the 60th anniversary of the International Collection of Modern Art, which originated the Muzeum Sztuki in Lodz, its director Jaromir Jedlinski invited in 1992, twenty six personalities from the circle of modern art to take part in The Muzeum Sztuki International Honorary Council. Letters were addressed to the outstanding modern artists, art historians, art critics, museum directors and architects who, through their creative work and activity, got to know the Muzeum Sztuki in Lodz, which was one of the earliest established European museums of the avant-garde art, in 1931.
The idea of establishing the Council is to obtain moral support for the activities of the Museum form the body of persons who could also be helpful in the unexpected circumstances, in which the Muzeum Sztuki can find itself in the future. Its director also expresses his hope that in particular cases the membars of the Council will care to share with the Museum their experience and opinion.
We are pleased to inform you that the following persons have accepted their participation in the Muzeum Sztuki International Honorary Council:
- Mr Frits Bless
- Director of the Gemeentemuseum Van Reekum in Apeldoorn (Holland).
- Mr Yve-Alain Bois
- Professor at the Harvard University.
- Mr Dominique Bozo
- President of the Centre Georges Pompidou and Director of the Musée Nationald'Art Moderne in Paris. Died on April 27th 1993.
- Mr Daniel Buren
- French artist.
- Ms Maria de Corral
- An art critic and art historian (Spain).
- Mr Yona Fischer
- An art critic and art historian (Israel).
- Mr Rudolf H. Fuchs
- Director of Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam.
- Mr Frank O. Gehry
- American architect.
- Mr Jürgen Harten
- Director of the StJädtische Kunsthalle in Düsseldorf.
- Mr Arata Isozaki
- Japanese architect.
- Mr Thomas Messer
- Director-Emeritus of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation in New York.
- Mr François Morellet
- French artist.
- Mr Rudolf Oxenaar
- Director-Emeritus of the Rijksmuseum Kröller-Mller in Otterlo (Holland).
- Mr Krzysztof Pomian
- Philosopher and the Professor of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris.
- Mr Mieczyslaw Porebski
- Professor of the art history, a theoretitian on the 20th century art, a lecturer at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow.
- Mr Denise René
- Founder of the Denise René Gallery in Paris.
- Mr Peter Schjeldahl
- Writer, poet, art critic co-operating with many American magazines, mainly with "The Village Voice". He is also the author of many books on art.
- Mr Ryszard Stanislawski
- Director-Emeritus of the Muzeum Sztuki in Lodz.
- Mr Andrzej Turowski
- Professor of the art history, an expert of the 20th century art and the President of the Institute of the History of Art at the Université de Bourgogne in Dijon (France).
- Mr Günther Uecker
- German artist.
- Mr Emilio Vedova
- Italian artist.
- Mr Andrzej Wajda
- Polish film and stage director.